NEW for 2017!
For a number of years, members have enquired about how to take advantage of the boat/kayak rack located to the west of the tennis court. So the Board has defined a program that will allow us to organize and manage the rack, for the benefit of you, our members. (Program guidelines are listed below.)
The first step in gaining control is to clear the rack and surrounding area of existing boats, to weed out abandoned and non-member boats. (We will do this June 24, 2017 during beach cleanup.) Members will have the opportunity to apply for a slot (See Requesting a Rack Slot) on the rack for the 2017 season, and have their boat placed back on the rack. In the event all requests can not be accommodated we will conduct a drawing to determine rack assignments. (We will also explore additional storage options.)
- Boats awarded a slot will be assigned a numbered decal specifying location on the rack. You will be entitled to the exclusive use of the assigned spot for the 2017 boating season
- Slots and decals will be awarded June 24, 2017; See instructions below to request a slot
- A $15 annual fee will be charged per slot, to cover program and maintenance costs
- Decals must be prominently displayed on the end of the boat facing out, visible from the harbor side of rack
- Only 2017 paid members are eligible
- Rack will be monitored regularly during the summer; boats without a decal will be removed from the rack
- Rack accommodates kayaks, canoes and paddle boards; Masted sailboats and row boats not permitted
- Limited to one slot per household (we will consider additional household slots if availability permits)
- 2017 rack season: June 24, 2017 – November 15, 2017
Requesting a Rack Slot
The enclosed membership form includes a line item to request a slot. Simply check the box to the left of “Boat Rack Slot.” Also, please check the box for the type of boat you are requesting a slot for (kayak/canoe or paddle board). Include your $15 payment with your membership dues payment.
Membership form with boat rack request and payment must be received by mail or online by June 24, 2017 8:00 am EDT. All requests received by then will be entered into a drawing, held June 24, 2017. Slot assignments will be issued during the drawing, and decals distributed. If you can not attend the drawing you will be notified if you were awarded a slot. (Arrangements can then be made to receive your decal.)
A full refund will be provided for paid requests not awarded a slot.
For additional information and questions, please email Tom Malloy at: email@example.com.