Teen Dodgeball this Thursday July 20th, 2017 HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 6:00 (registration 5:30) from 7:00.
You can read notes from the May 27, 2017 meeting here.
- The Annual Membership Form is available here: Membership 2017 Signup. Please submit it by June 15. We had 357 paid members last year – thank you for your continued support. The largest portion of our budget goes to pay the lifeguards, purchase insurance, and trash removal. There will be no increase in dues this year.
- Encourage young adults to take advantage of the Junior Membership. This membership is aimed at those adults who frequent the beach and participate in activities, but are not homeowners. Membership entitles you entrance to all social events, in addition to the benefits of enjoying the beach, swim lessons and the lifeguards.
- Please inform neighbors who do not belong to the Association of the many benefits of being a member. New Silver is a unique Cape community, beloved because of the condition of the beach and our engaged, social community. The Association works hard to maintain the beach and surrounding area, which increases the value of the homes in the area. It is in the best interest of all homeowners to help with this effort.
by Carolyn O’Connor Halloran
Enclosed is the calendar of events for 2017. Many of your favorites are back again this year, including: Illumination Night, Adult Social (Food Truck!) and the fishing and crabbing tournaments. Join your neighbors and friends at these fun events. See enclosed calendar for dates and times. Some favorites and new activities highlighted below.
- Association kick-off meeting: Saturday, May 27. We will discuss association business and answer your questions. All thoughts and feedback welcome. Meeting starts at 10:00 am at the courts.
- Beach clean up: Saturday, June 24. We will begin at 9:00 am at the courts. The work generally takes a few hours. Any and all help is welcome! We will have clean-up crews for the beach and dunes, the beach entrances, courts, and select areas outside the courts. (Rain date: June 25.)
- Annual Cocktail Party: Saturday, June 24. Reconnect with old friends and make some new acquaintances at the first social event of the summer. This year, Allison and Ryan Hutchins will host the event at their home, 3 Hunt ST. Please bring your favorite hors d’oeuvre or dessert. Starts at 7:00 pm.
- Cornhole Tournament: After a successful event last summer, the 2nd annual Cornhole Tournament will be held on July 15 at 5:00 pm at the courts. Prizes awarded to the winning teams.
- Golf Outing: The 3rd annual member golf tournament will be held on Friday, August 4 at Falmouth Country Club. Please email Joe Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in participating, by May 27 so he can finalize tee times. Details to follow, leading up to the event.
- New Silver Hockey Skills: Back for the 10th season, Mike Walsh is once again offering a summer hockey camp. If interested, please contact Mike at email@example.com. (This is not sponsored by SBIA but is available to our members.)
- New Silver Gets Fit!: Back for a third year, a bootcamp style fitness program will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:00-9:00 am, at the courts (and sometimes on the beach!). This is an adult bootcamp for association members, led by professional trainers. Starts June 26. Details to follow.
- Senior Exercise Class: An instructor-led 45-minute exercise class geared towards seniors, will again be offered. Mondays and Fridays, 9:00-9:45 am, at the courts. Starts June 26. Details to follow.
- New Silver Beach Store: Show your New Silver pride with t-shirts, sweatshirts, flip flops and so much more! New items we hope to offer include: beach bags, towels and sun protective swim shirts. Hours of operation will be posted on the window. Stop in for a special New Silver memento that will last a lifetime!
New Activities Designed for our Senior Members
We’re pleased to offer 2 new activities designed for Seniors to have fun while being active. Give ‘em a try!
- Pickleball: What is it, you ask? A fun paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn. Join in on the activity that has become very popular for the 55+ crowd. Games will be held each Wednesday at 9:00 am on the tennis court. Never played? No worries…instruction will be provided for beginners, by our own Karen Kullen. Everything you need to get started will be provided by the Association. For details and sign up time, contact Carol Garvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Seniors Walk: Many of you walk regularly. Now you can do it with other members. Organized group walks will allow you to get exercise AND socialize…win-win! Details of days and routes to follow.
by Liz Cardiasmenos
We have hired six lifeguards for this summer. We are excited to have three guards from last year coming back: Sophie Barrow (Head Guard), Olivia Pappas and Meghan Fahy. Welcome to our three new guards: Lily Delaney, Carolyn Hanson and Will Hanson. The guards will start on Saturday, June 24. We would like to thank Jack, Tate and Ellie for their past service; they will be missed.
Liz Cardiasmenos (Beach Committee Chair) and Sophie are developing a swim lesson planner, which includes a curriculum progressing swimmers through each level. This will be a great asset we will leverage for many years. Swimming lessons will start 10:00 am each morning (Mon-Fri) with our littlest swimmers (ages 1 and up) and run every half hour. Members can sign up for lessons opening weekend. See the guards.
|Moana||Sunday June 25th|
|Trolls||Sunday July 2nd|
|Frozen||Sunday July 9th|
|Storks||Sunday July 16th|
|Finding Dory||Sunday July 23rd|
|The BFG||Sunday July 30th|
|SING||Sunday August 6th|
|The Secret Life of Pets||Sunday August 13th|
|Boss Baby||Sunday August 20th|
|High School Musical||Sunday August 27th|